This post was published long ago, when I was a student and an amateur blogger. The links might be outdated and content may not be useful anymore. Please read this content keeping its age in mind.
I’m co-coordinating an state level blogging contest in IEEE GIT Student Chapter’s tech fiest “Paanchajanya“
From its inception in the year 2006 to its current avatar, IEEE-GIT’s annual inter collegiate state level tech fest Paanchajanya has grown into an event that brings about the best among the technical talent across the state and our neighboring states. Four years old and growing better and more youthful every year, Paanchajanya defines professionalism in organizing and flair in the participation.
Paanchajanya ’09 will have many eye catching, engaging, yet fun filled technical and non technical events. Everyone from all disciplines and semesters of engineering can participate in this fest that will truly, as its punch line says, unleash prodigies!!
Battle Days : 12th to 14th November 2009
For more details visit : www.Paanchajanya.com
p style=”text-align: justify;”>
Yes!! Your web page, your world, your ideas. A personal webpage designed, maintained and run by you, full of your ideas. That’s what we look for at Spin Your Web. If you have your own blog, that’s well and good. If you don’t have and want to have a go at it, then start NOW!!
Yes, starting the moment you send us your personal web page/blog’s address, it’ll be monitored as a part of our competition. What is the content of your site, how well are you at presenting it, arranging stuff, interacting with your audience, how popular is your page, what makes your personal space on the internet so different from the others. All these will go in judging your website.
Rules and Regulations :
- This is an individual event.
- All the participants must be registered Paanchajanya delegates.
- The blog has to be created on www.belgaumpages.com only.
- The participant is free to choose any subject of his / her interest
- Any content that is explicit or offensive in any way will result in the immediate disqualification from the contest.
- Links to the official IEEE-GIT website (www.ieeegit.org) and Paanchajanya website (www.paanchajanya.com) have to be provided compulsorily in the form of the respective logo.
- Participants can add widgets/components that can enhance the functionality of the blog. For example – widgets indicating number of visitors to the website.
- The participant has to add Google Analytics (www.google.com/analytics) code to their site and provide the event co-ordinators access to the statistics.
- Blog articles have to be genuinely written by the participant itslef. If duplication is found, it will result in an immediate disqualification.
- Embedding media content from external sources is permissible provided that a link to the source is made. eg: Embedding YouTube videos.
- The decision of the judges and coordinators of the event will be final and binding.
Late Date for Submisson of your site : 13th November by 12.00pm
Blog Reviews :
An session is organised to review the submitted sites. The judge will provide you an general review of the sites submitted. He will also provide information of an development of an ideal site. This session is open to all including non registrants !
Date : 14/11/2009
Time : 12.30pm – 1.30pm
Venue : F8 Hall ( Aryabhatta Seminar Hall), GIT, Belgaum